Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Excuse me whilst I Metablog.

That'd be a fancy word for Blogging about the act of Blogging. The photographs so far are a bit crappy, the ones in the future will be a bit crappy. That's for a number of reasons:
  • I'm using my camera phone to take them so I can MMS them to twitpic If I want.
  • The kitchen is tiny and the work surface in relation to the light means I tend to shadow what I'm trying to photograph.
  • I'm actually cooking the meal when I take them so I've got things to get on with.
  • If it's picture of the finished meal I want to eat it before it goes cold, rather than be making sure the composition and lighting are good.
  • Plus I've not got a Food Stylist handy. Yes that is a real job. Do a search, you'll be amazed how many there are out there.
  • There is also a whole load of other stuff that goes into photographing food. Look at the picture 'Food photographers at work'. No one is going to eat that after they've finished dicking with it. I'm going to eat what I've cooked.
Also, it must be said after making all those excuses and blaming my tools:

I'm not actually a very good photographer.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this via Twitter -- not sure if my greader is picking you up but it *did* give me a weird msg when I tried entering your blog...

    Anyway, I love this! My kitchen & lighting sucks, too. I have under-the-cupboard fluorescent light or nothing would show up ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look up there at the top right. The RSS button thingy. I think G-Reader takes a while to pick things up. I mostly read yours from Twitter and then have to 'Mark all as read' when I go to G-Reader.

    ReplyDelete