Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Why have I set the 'Adult Content' flag?

I've set the 'Adult Content' flag because...
...I'm over 21 and I'm aware that there are people out there who have more delicate sensibilities than I have.

Don't worry. I'm not planning on posting nude pictures of myself. There will be pictures of Meat and Two Vege' though (Weak Joke. Grin at audience. Adjust cuffs)

I'm not going to make a special effort to be offensive or controversial, but I'm aware that depending on what I post, food is one of those subjects that can lead to a lot of yelling because it's tied in with economics, culture, religion, politics, ethics etc. All lovely, A1 rant inducing subjects.

The whole point of setting the 'Adult Content' flag is as a gentle heads up for the readers that arrive here.

This is a place on the internet where an individual posts stuff. Like many other places on the internet it allows comments. There maybe attitudes and ideas you don't like from the poster (that'd be me) or from the commenter's (that's you and all the other readers). Your disagreement with what I post and my disagreement with what you comment may lead to harsh words. I'm really hoping it doesn't. If it does though the 'Adult Content' flag is supposed to make you aware that this may happen.

It's also meant to make you 'wind you neck in' as they say round here.

Anyway.

After all the caveats above. Food is also something that can bring people together. Sitting round a table eating and drinking are some of the best times I've ever had. We all have to eat no matter what out colour or creed. There is a whole world of taste out there. Let me introduce you to some of the stuff I eat. Introduce me to some of the stuff you eat.

6 comments:

  1. I have to say I am very disappointed that there were/are no nekkid pics!
    That aside I will look forward to the foodstuff coming and the following arguments we may or may not have over it. :o)
    Daffy
    www.daffy.wordpress.com
    (Serenity is a spare blog for when Blogger blogs don't allow me to comment as a WP user... like now.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can probably alter the settings somewhere. I'm not used to this platform yet. I'll have a mooch around later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvellous! I adore your fooding.

    Any way you could switch on some feeds for this blog, so as I can subscribe, loike?

    yarb

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK. I think I've turned Word Press comments on and RSS should be switched on already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's see if you are any good at turning on the comments then....
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goody. (although openid comments are a pain for people like me who have blog names which are different from their wordpress user names. There's always one, isn't there?)

    Did you see - Wordpress can now import blogs from Vox. Ahem. Just in case you wanted to move to a proper platform

    ReplyDelete